Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran
M.Sc. in Information Technology Engineering – Multimedia Systems
Thesis Title: Developing Video Coding and Decoding System Based on Compressive Sensing Theory
Shahid Bahonar University of Kerman, Kerman, Iran, 2005-2010
B.Sc. in Computer Science
Awards and Honors
- SardAR: The Best Serious Game of Year Award, Fourth Serious Game Prize Symposioum (SeGap), Tehran, Iran (2020)
- Saray: Selected Game in Open Idea Section, Fourth Serious Game Prize Symposioum (SeGap), Tehran, Iran (2020)
- Didar: Ministry of Sport and Youth Selected Game, Fourth Serious Game Prize Symposioum (SeGap), Tehran, Iran (2020)
- Saray, 4th Position in Academic Category, GALA 2020, Laval, France
- Third Award in Digital Media, Second National Festival in Digital Media, Tabriz, Iran (2018)
- First Award in Digital Media, First National Festival in Digital Media, Tabriz, Iran (2015)
Faculty Member, Multimedia Department, Tabriz Islamic Art University, since 2012
Chief Information Officer (CIO), Tabriz Islamic Art University, Tabriz, Iran, 2013-2017
- Real Time Systems Laboratory
- Department of Computer and Information Technology Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytecnic)
- Director of Institute of Computer Games
Artificial Intelligence in Computer Games
- Tabriz Islamic Art University, since 2012
- Introduction to Programing
- Advanced Programing
- Game Programing and Game Engines
- Artificial Intelligence in Computer Games
- Computer Graphics
- Digital Image Processing
- Teaching Assistant-Amirkabir University of Technology 2011-2012
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Human agents in Information Technology
International Technical committee Member
Head of IT committee
3rd Tabriz International Festival for Islamic Arts, Crafts, and Creativity
Tabriz, Iran, 2017
2nd Tabriz International Festival for Islamic Arts, Crafts, and Creativity
Tabriz, Iran, 2015
- Samad Roohi, Aynaz Forouzandeh, (2019), "Regarding Color Psychology Principles in Adventure Games to Enhance the Sense of Immersion", Elsevier's Journal of Entertainment Computing, Entertainment Computing, 100298.
- Y. A. Sekhavat, S. Roohi, H. Sakian Mohammadi and G. N. Yannakakis, "Play with One's Feelings: A Study on Emotion Awareness for Player Experience," in IEEE Transactions on Games, doi: 10.1109/TG.2020.3003324.
- Sekhavat, Y.A., Sisi, M.J. & Roohi, S. Affective interaction: Using emotions as a user interface in games. Multimed Tools Appl (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-020-10006-4
- Alizadehashrafi, Behnam, and Samad Roohi. "Using Dynamic Pulse Function for Semantic 3D Modeling of Historical Landmarks." Journal of Research on Archaeometry 5.1 (2019): 167-177.
- Nazanin Alifarshbaf Akbari, Younes Sekhavat, Mohammadreza Azadedhfar, Samad Roohi, (2020). 'Saray: Solfege learning computer Game based on Voice Analysis', Journal of Research in Rehabilitation Sciences, 15(4), pp.5. magiran.com/p2104069
- Sekhavat, Y., Alizadeh, F., Roohi, S. Traffic-Sim: Investigating the effect of attending intelligent virtual instructor on the efficacy of learning traffic rules. Technology of Education Journal (TEJ), 2020; (): -. doi: 10.22061/tej.2020.6429.2396
- A. Yadaei, M. R. Azadehfar, B Alizadehashrafi and S. Roohi "Folk Music Preservation by Encouragements of Computer Gaming: Case of Converting Body Movement in Azeri Music to Melodic and Rhythmic Patterns", First Symposium of the ICTM Study Group on Sound, Movement, and the Sciences, Sweden, 2020.
- S. V. Mostafavi, Y. A. Sekhavat, S. Roohi, H. S. Mohammadi and K. Pouralvar, "A Game-based System to Study the Danger of Advertising Displays for Pedestrians: Are They Really Dangerous?," 2019 International Serious Games Symposium (ISGS), Tehran, Iran, 2019, pp. 68-73. (Best paper award)
- K. Pouralvar, Y. A. Sekhavat and S. Roohi, "The interplay between metacognitive strategies and learning styles in learning via serious games," 2019 International Serious Games Symposium (ISGS), Tehran, Iran, 2019, pp. 129-134.
- S Roohi, B Alizadehashrafi, "Persian Handwritten Character Recognition Using Convolutional Neural Network", 2017 10th Iranian Conference on Machine Vision and Image Processing (MVIP 2017),247-251.
- S Roohi, J Zamani, BB Shotorban, "Distributed compressed video sensing based on recursive least square dictionary learning", Electrical Engineering (ICEE), 2016 24th Iranian Conference on, 1775-1779.
- S Roohi, M Noorhosseini, J Zamani, HS Rad, "Low complexity distributed video coding using compressed sensing", Machine Vision and Image Processing (MVIP), 2013, 53-57.
- B Alizadehashrafi, S Roohi, "Using dynamic pulse function for semantic 3D modeling of historical landmarks", Irano-German International Symposium on Archaeometry 2015, 8-10.
- S Roohi, J Zamani, M Noorhosseini, M Rahmati, "Super-resolution MRI images using Compressive Sensing" 20th Iranian Conference on Electrical Engineering (ICEE2012), 1618-1622.
- More than 20 papers published in International Conferences in Iran (In Persian)
Reviewer at CMVIT 2018, Hong Kong
Reviewer at CMVIT 2018, Hong Kong
Reviewer at Journal of Applied Geophysics, Elsevier
IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering
Reviewer at ETRI Journal of Wiley
National and First International Conference on Computer Games, Challenges and Opportunities